Welcome to the St. Louis Park Athletic Training Home Page
For Contact Info: Contact Us
For Info on ATR Hours: "ATR"
My name is Josh Brodersen, and I'm the Athletic Trainer at St. Louis Park High School.
I would like to take this opportunity to introduce myself and the Athletic Training program at St. Louis Park High School. SLP HS has partnered with TRIA Orthopedics since the Fall of 2017 to provide the best athletic training services and streamlined access to further medical care.
As the primary Licensed (LAT) and Certified Athletic Trainer (ATC) I will be working with your son and/or daughter and their teammates. I am at the high school for nearly every competition and have hours every weekday afternoon to provide treatments, and initial evaluations or follow-up care of athletic injuries.
In order to provide quality care, please review the following:
1. It's the athlete’s responsibility to report any injury or illness to the athletic trainer or coach.
2. It is the athlete’s responsibility to report for treatment in the Athletic Training Room (ATR) on time, so they can return to practice in a timely fashion.
3. If your son/daughter needs to see a physician, TRIA has provided two excellent Team Physicians working with SLP HS.
Our Primary Physician is Dr. Gregory Hildebrand (http://tria.com/provider/gregory-hildebrand/)
Dr. Hildebrand provides his services and expertise to all of the athletes at SLP and will be on the sidelines at home varsity football games! Appointments can also be made for athletes to see a physician on a same day/next day basis by calling 952-806-5600.
4. Return to play decisions will be based upon sound medical judgment with the athlete’s best interests in mind.
5. Return to play decisions after a concussion/head injury will follow the TRIA sport concussion protocol, relative to the needs of their sport following international research standards, timelines, and requirements.
TRIA features one of the top Sport Concussion programs in the region. They are one of the only clinics in the Midwest to focus on post-concussion rehabilitation specific to return to sport participation. Their Research driven approach makes them a great resource or option after concussion to make a full and safe return to sport. http://tria.com/programs/sport-concussion/
6. Minnesota State High School League rules state that, if under a physician’s care for an injury/illness/surgery, the athlete will need a signed note from the physician regarding the athlete's participation status in their respective sport. The note must be given to the ATC and the ATC must evaluate the injury before the athlete can resume participation. If the athlete is not seeing a physician, the return to play decision will be made by the ATC.
7. If a coach or athlete disregards a return-to-play decision, the school’s athletic director will be notified.
I look forward to an exciting and healthy season with you and your student athlete! If you have any questions or concerns, please do not hesitate to contact me (See Contact Page)
Josh Brodersen, MA, LAT, ATC