Spring sports have NOT been cancelled by the MSHSL and thus, we will continue to offer virtual golf training in accordance with CDC, Federal and State Guidelines. W We are using on line forums to coach, teach and motivate until the season opens outside or if something else happens where we have to cancel/reschedule the season.
As news comes in, we will communicate
We are excited welcome golfers in 7th-12th grade of all skill levels and experience! We are a no cut program and look forward to having as many student athletes participate and learn about this life-long sport as possible! We want participation in SLP boys golf to be a positive learning and playing experience. It is our goal to field a competitive varsity program and teach and coach players at all levels of the game.
The SLP Boys Golf Team has a new coach this year. Dan Becker will be the coach and has assembled 5 excellent co-coaches to assist the program
Registration is now open online at https://slpschoolsact.cf.affinetysolutions.com/ (best used in a Chrome browser). If you need additional support for registration the High School Athletic Office will be able to help assist you with the process.
It is highly recommended each student athlete has their own set of clubs. We do have a very limited number of sets student athletes may use during the season if they do not have their own clubs yet. ***In a match or practice round each golfer must have their own bag and clubs.
All student athletes must have a current physical on file with the Athletic Department prior to participation. Physicals are current for three years. Returning student athletes, check with the Athletic Department to determine if your physical is current through the 2019 Spring season.
The West Metro Boys Golf Conference consist of Bloomington Jefferson, Bloomington Kennedy, Chaska, Chanhassen, Cooper and Benilde Saint Margaret.
Middle School student athletes may take a bus from the Middle School to the High School for practices.
When the golf courses eventually open, student athletes must coordinate and provide their own transportation to and from practices.
The Mission Statement represents the core beliefs and ideals by which the program will operate. The coaching staff is committed to these goals and will strive to fulfill these expectations on a daily basis.
1. Establish the traditions and standards of excellence that will guide the St. Louis Park Boys Golf Program.
2. Operate with integrity: build an environment of trust and respect.
3. Be first class, not settling for second best. Demand excellence from all players and coaches.
4. Develop a genuine appreciation for the contribution that each individual makes to the St. Louis Park Boys Golf program.
5. Promote pride and confidence in the St. Louis Park Boys Golf Team and represent St. Louis Park Schools and the St. Louis Park Community to the best of my ability.
6. Promote the value of education.
7. Promote the value of good sportsmanship.
8. Develop an appreciation and sensitivity for ethnicity and cultural diversity.
9. Encourage parental involvement in the St. Louis Park Boys Golf Program. Parents are a part of the team and they are vital in making the Golf program a success.
10. Keep the game fun for everyone.