2021 Spring sports are scheduled to officially start on March 29, 2021
As news comes in, we will communicate
We are excited to welcome golfers in 7th-12th grade of all skill levels, experience and diversity We are a no cut program and look forward to having as many student athletes participate and learn about this life-long sport as possible! We want participation in SLP boys golf to be a positive learning and playing experience. It is our goal to field a competitive varsity program and teach and coach players at all levels of the game.
The SLP Boys Golf Team Head Coach is Dan Becker. 612-418-0714.
Registration for sprig golf will open the second week in February 2021 at https://slpschoolsact.cf.affinetysolutions.com/ (best used in a Chrome browser). If you need additional support for registration the High School Athletic Office will be able to help assist you with the process.
It is recommended each student athlete has their own set of clubs. HOWEVER, we will provide clubs, shirts, hats and instruction to anyone that is interested in joining and learning. I guarantee equipment will be available for anyone that wants to join. Please, do not let that be a reason your son does not join.
All student athletes must have a current physical on file with the Athletic Department prior to participation. Physicals are current for three years. Returning student athletes, check with the Athletic Department to determine if your physical is current through the 2021 Spring season.
The West Metro Boys Golf Conference consist of Bloomington Jefferson, Bloomington Kennedy, Chaska, Chanhassen, Cooper and Benilde Saint Margaret.
Middle School student athletes may take a bus from the Middle School to the High School for practices.
When the golf courses eventually open, student athletes must coordinate and provide their own transportation to and from practices.
The Mission Statement represents the core beliefs and ideals by which the program will operate. The coaching staff is committed to these goals and will strive to fulfill these expectations on a daily basis.
1. Establish the traditions and standards of excellence that will guide the St. Louis Park Boys Golf Program.
2. Operate with integrity: build a diverse team environment.
3. Be any ally for any person interested in joining the team.
4. Develop a genuine appreciation for the contribution that each individual makes to the St. Louis Park Boys Golf program.
5. Promote pride and confidence in the St. Louis Park Boys Golf Team and represent St. Louis Park Schools and the St. Louis Park Community to the best of my ability.
6. Promote the value of education.
7. Promote the value of good sportsmanship.
8. Develop an appreciation and sensitivity for ethnicity and cultural diversity.
9. Encourage parental involvement in the St. Louis Park Boys Golf Program. Parents are a part of the team and they are vital in making the Golf program a success.
10. Keep the game fun for everyone.