ST. LOUIS PARK HIGH SCHOOL GYMNASTICS
2018-2019 Team Rules
*Practice is Required! Practice times are listed on the calendars you receive and on the calendars in the gym—not knowing what time we have practice is not an acceptable excuse.
* Missed practices cannot be made up. (Please see lettering policy on next page)
* You need to bring a note or have a parent email me in order to get an excused absence. We need to know in advance if you are not going to be at practice.
* An excused absence includes: illness, religion conflicts, family vacation, or academic conflicts. For example: staying late at school with a teacher, or participation in school-sponsored events or concerts, weddings, funerals, or the Sabbath. Other excused absences are up to the coaches’ discretion, and must be discussed with Dawn ahead of time.
* If you are absent from school all day, or go home early with illness during the day, you are excused from practice, but a parent must email Dawn, email@example.com , before practice that day.
* An unexcused absence includes: homework, babysitting, work, haircuts, dates, not feeling like coming to practice, or being injured. If you are injured, you must still attend all practices.
* If you need to see the trainer, you should go directly after school and come to practice as soon as possible. Any injury must be reported to the coaches immediately. Taping, icing, etc can be done at practice rather than the training room.
* One unexcused absence will result in a phone call and/or meeting with parents.
* Two unexcused absences will result in dismissal from the team
* Gymnasts who are late to practice without a note will do 10 pushups for each minute missed.
* Weight Lifting: Gymnasts are required to attend the Weight Lifting Program at the High School every Thursday 3:25- 3:55pm. The only excused absences are for academic reasons or illness. You must provide a note to Coach Gust and Dawn, stating why you missed.
* You must be at practice the day before a meet or you will not compete in the meet. You must attend at least a ½ day of school the day of the meet to be eligible to compete.
* Away Meets: Gymnasts must ride the bus to and from away meets.
* Home Meets: Gymnasts and parents are required to stay after home meets conclude to help put the gym back in order. No exceptions.
* Competition and Uniform: All gymnasts will be issued one competition leotard, warm-up jacket, and pants. These must be returned at the end of season. Per High School League Rules, during competition gymnasts must wear a bra which has straps that do not show, or has clear straps, and nude or black briefs. Glitter is prohibited. No Jewelry. Nail polish is allowed as long as it is a solid, natural color, no glitter.
* You will not use alcoholic beverages, tobacco, or any other controlled substances. You have signed off on the MSHSL form stating that this is for the entire year, including summer.
* The gymnastics team has a zero-tolerance policy during the season. You use, your season is over! Off-season, we follow the MSHSL policy.
* You must maintain scholastic eligibility per MSHSL requirements.
* All gymnasts are required to help clean up at the end of the night. This means putting away all mats, springboards, and spotting blocks.
* You need to have a positive attitude towards gymnastics, coaches, judges, other gymnasts, and your parents. We are all working together to make this the best experience for you and the team. This means setting and striving for your goals, making an effort to master new skills, allowing input from your coaches and captains, and speaking and acting respectfully to all people.
* You must compete in 4 varsity meets or score higher than a varsity competitor whose score counts toward the team score.
* Attendance: No more than 6 absences (excused or unexcused) are allowed in order to letter.
Note: Religious conflicts and extended illness (more than one week) hold no bearing on your eligibility to letter.
Head: Dawn Thielen
Assistants: Kelly Bergum, Whitney Koliha, Erica Fery, Bob Komma
Mary Fuetes, Yonit Krebes, Savannah Romero
In case of an emergency, you can call the main office at Central at 952- 928-6777 and explain your situation. They will help you get in touch with a coach if necessary. If the office is closed, you can call Dawn.Gymnasts will not be allowed to use cell phones during practice time. Please make arrangements for transportation etc. in advance.