Try outs for 2018 Season at Louisiana Oaks.
Monday August 13th (3:30-5:30 pm)
Tuesday August 14th (3:30-5:30pm)
Wednesday August 15th (3:30-5:30pm)
Thursday= teams practice separately (3:30-5:30 pm)
Friday= teams practice separately (3:30-5:30 pm)
Try outs for the Fall 2018 season
Monday August 13th to Wednesday 15th at Louisiana Oaks!
ANY PLAYER TRYING OUT FOR THE VARSITY TEAM MUST READ THE INFORMATION BELOW AND SIGN IT AT THE BOTTOM (AS WELL AS A PARENT).
AFTER READING THE TRY OUT INFORMATION, PLEASE PRINT THE LAST PAGE AND SIGN IT!
Chato (Head Coach).
To: Players/parents of St. Louis Park High School Boys Fall 2018 Season
Try outs for the 2018 season start on August 13h from 3:30 to 5:30 pm at Louisiana Oaks (Monday the 13th to Wednesday the 15th)
IMPORTANT: If you have any conflicts with any of the dates listed above, please feel free to contact me and I will be more than happy to talk to you about it!
• All players must attend the try-outs.
• Our try-outs for this 2018 season will consist of small sided games and scrimmages.
• We expect everybody to show their best during the try-outs. (Players DO NOT have a spot in the Varsity team just because they played with the team the previous year).
• The players will be rated according to:
1. Their soccer skills
2. Their ability to read the game (does he know how to move with and/or without the ball? Does he make the right decisions when in possession of the ball?
3. Attitude (Does he play hard all the time? Does he communicate well with other teammates?
• For those players who do not attend all the dates established for the try-outs, they will start at a lower level with the chance to move up to a higher level later on. If trying for Varsity, the coaches will make the decision if that player moves up to varsity or not.
o Exception to this rule: If the player has not attended all the try-out sessions, but still the coaches consider that player to be a varsity player, that particular player (s) will be part of the Varsity team.
• If a Senior is not chosen to play in varsity, he will have two options: 1) Play with J.V. to get playing time (not guaranteed), 2) Sit down at the bench with the Varsity team (no playing time).
• TRY-OUTS DECISIONS ARE FINAL AND UNCONTESTABLE. PLEASE RESPECT THE COACHES’ DECISION!!!
• For us coaches, there is nothing more important than academics. If a player’s grades are suffering because of playing sports, that player will be dismissed from the program until we see his progress. Players, it is YOUR RESPONSIBILITY to work hard to maintain your good grades!
• If the player wants to improve his chances of playing, he must come to practices.
• Players must come ready to focus and to learn at the practices.
• GAME TIME IS THE COACHES DECISION.
• GAME TIME IS THE COACHES DECISION. (CLEAR?)
• We will try to find a balance in regards to playing time, however you all have to understand that by nature, some players will get more game time than others.
• We will try to keep the lines of communication open for all the players. If any of you have a question, please send me an e-mail (information will be provided at the meeting, otherwise, at the Athletic Director’s office, or call).
• Everything (complaints, questions, comments) will be handled through the player.
• Parents will not be allowed to talk to the players or the coaches during the game. Please wait after the game is over. You can try to talk to me (if available for talking, if not, then I will get in touch with you to arrange a time when we can meet).
• Let’s work as a team, this is the only way we will perform better at the games. The better we perform at the games, the more fun we all are going to have!
• Us (coaches) are very excited to coach this year!
• Let’s have a great season!!!
Here are my name, phone number and e-mail address:
(612) 419-5425 (cell).
IF YOU WANT TO TRY OUT FOR THE VARSITY TEAM, THIS IS THE INFO PAGE YOU NEED TO PRINT (AND SIGN):
2018 Fall High School Season
I understand that I have read the statement written by the Head Coach of the Boys Soccer Program in regards to the try-outs and expectations for the players/parents of all levels. By signing this form I agree to abide by and to follow the coaches’ policies.
Print name of player: ______________________________________________________
Signature of player: _______________________________________________________
Print name of parent: ______________________________________________________
Signature of parent: _______________________________________________________