October 6th, Sunday
• Fall Captain's Practices Begin.
• Location: Dakota Park (the park by Peter Hobart)
• Time: 5:30 at Dakota Park every Sunday
• Please fill out and return your Emergency Card to the captains or else you will not be able to practice!
• Dress for the weather (it may be cold)
November 11th, Monday
• The Season Begins!
• To get a locker, go to the athletic office at the high school. You will be able to get a locker for 5 dollars (you get the money back when you return your lock at the end of the season).
• Have your Emergency Card ready to turn in at the start of practice. You can not practice without it!
• You do not need equipment if it's your first year, you can borrow from the school
November 12th, Tuesday
• Parent Coach Kick-off meeting in the HS Cafeteria 6:00 pm
• We will discuss equipment, meet dates, pasta party dates and our upcoming Winter training Trip
November 16th, Saturday
• Team fundraiser, Cub Bagging event, Plymouth Cub (intersection of Hwy 55 and 169)
• For grades 9-12 only, a 2-hour shift will be requested
November 23rd, Saturday
• Coupon book fundraiser, THIS IS MANDATORY! (and fun too)
• Please mark this day in your calendar, it is our MAIN fundraiser that pays for items like ski passes to the Three Rivers Parks system (school pays for only one pass to Theo Wirth), busing, year-end banquet, and other team expenses.
December 26-28, Thursday-Saturday
• Winter training trip at Giants Ridge Biwabik MN
• Space is limited, sign up sooner than later.
• Questions? Email Lisa Klein at email@example.com
• All conference races are currently scheduled for Thursdays at 3:45 Varsity immediately followed by JV.
• Conference Championships and sections are all-day races for varsity only. Skiers will be excused from school for the day. (and parent volunteers will be needed).
Please note, the schedule dates and locations are subject to frequent changes due to snow conditions. Check your email for updates or Click here for the latest schedule.
Race Schedule (updated 10/31/2018)
Nov. 29 - Race with poles Carver Park
Dec 6 - Hyland 5K classic 3:45
Dec 13 - Baker Park (Hyland as backup) 5K skate 3:45
Dec 20 - Carver 5K classic 3:45
Jan 3 - Elm Creek classic 3:45
Jan 10 - Wirth Park, 5K skate 3:45
Jan 15 - Mora 5K classic (Non-Conference Race) 3:30
Jan 17 - Carver Park (Elm Creek as backup) 5K skate 3:45
Jan 23 - Hyland Park, 5K classic 3:45
Wednesday, Jan 30 - Baker Park Reserve 10 am (Hyland as backup)
Thursday, Jan 31 - Carver Park 3:45
Possible dates Feb 6, 7, 8
Thursday, Feb 14 - Giants Ridge, Biwabik
A Peek at Week One
Monday 11/11 - Meet downstairs
Tuesday 11/12 - Parent/Coach Meeting - HS Cafeteria 6 pm
Wednesday 11/14 - Meet downstairs
Thursday 11/15 - Meet downstairs
Friday 11/16 - Meet downstairs
Other Potential dates for selected skiers, Giants Ridge, Biwabik, MN
Mesabi Invitational, January 5th, Saturday
Charlie Banks Relay Races, February 13th, Wednesday
Teams in Metro West Conference:
Cooper, Bloomington, Benilde-St Margaret, Chan-Chaska, Richfield, and St Louis Park
|Contact: Doug Peterson|