There are situations that may require a conference between the coach and the parent. These are encouraged. It is important that both parties involved have a clear understanding of the other's position. When these conferences are necessary the following steps should be followed to help promote resolution:
- Conflicts should be resolved between the student-athlete and the coach. Parents are welcome to provide support for the student-athlete through conversations with the coach after the inital player/coach discussion.
- Call the coach to set up an appointment. The call should be directed to the coach and will be returned in a timely fashion.
- Meetings should be held in a professional setting in the school building during the school/professional time.
- It is inappropriate to approach a coach unscheduled, immediately prior to, during, or at the conclusion of a contest. Meetings of this nature do not promote resolution.
- After a good-faith attempt to discuss or resolve an issue without reasonable satisfaction, the next step is to call the Athletic Director to discuss the situation.